Providence Health & Services Transport & Logistics Center Technician (on call) in Anchorage, Alaska
Providence is calling an on call Transport and Logistics Technician (Transport And Logistics, Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Be responsible for independently transporting inpatients via wheelchair, stretcher, bed to and from clinical, ancillary and support departments throughout PAMC.
• Be responsible for assisting with complex lifts defined as total body transfers.
• Support hospital Safe Patient Handling & Mobility initiatives by practicing minimal manual lifting in daily practice. Resource for clinical staff and coworkers providing mentoring and support on Safe Patient Handling & Mobility equipment and practices. Ensure patient safety during transport and lifts by using proper equipment and safety tequniques.
• Respond to emergent situations in a timely manner to assist as needed.
• Manage workflow and respond to unit requests for services utilizing automated dispatching system TeleTracking. Responsible for maintaining accuracy with the system and communicating any delays or cancelations in requests to pertinent unit staff.
• Comply with isolation standards and equipment disinfecting techniques and guidelines.
• Maintain hospital wide moveable patient care equipment inventory and delivery. Report equipment malfunction and facilities issues appropriately.
• Hold self and others accountable for the delivery of excellent customer services and quality care following hospital and departmental safety standards, policies and procedures.
• Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.
• Regularly attends 50% of department staff meetings. Responsible for all meeting content regardless of attendance.
Required qualifications for this position include:
High School Diploma or equivalent
1 year in a customer service position/field
Ability to exert continuous physical effort including lifting, carrying, pushing or moving of patients, and patient care equipment
Competency in computers and electronic communication devices
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 6 months of hire
6 months experience working in health care with patient contact
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Transporter
Req ID: 244756