Providence Health & Services Rehabilitation Support Specialist in Anchorage, Alaska
Providence is calling a Rehabilitation Support Specialist (Rehab Therapy Admin, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivery every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Organizes and expedites flow of work according to department standards and guidelines. Verifies and updates patient visit information into office record systems. Recognizes errors/problems and corrects within scope of responsibility.
• Schedules patient clinic appointments. Ensures valid referral from physicians and communicates with admissions and HIM departments. Assembles and ensures patient records contain appropriate authorizations and all associated documentation is complete. Works with clinical staff for high priority appointment scheduling. Makes reminder calls for appointments, as required.
• Assists with department specific audits/projects and reporting requirements. Researches, collects, assembles, and/or verifies data/information, as required. Keeps the minutes for department staff meetings.
• Greets patients in a professional and courteous manner. Assists and resolves patient inquiries (scheduling and billing) appropriately and in a timely manner. Maintains confidentiality of all patient and employee information.
• Answers incoming calls using courteous phone etiquette. Assists with routine questions and inquiries regarding patient appointment and/or billing information. Takes messages or refers calls to appropriate staff. Demonstrates professional inter-personal skills in communicating with providers, clinical staff, patients, and other departmental staff.
• Responsible for keeping treatment areas and equipment clean and organized. Ensures clinic maintenance and infection control standards are followed. Checks on the needs of treatment rooms and cleaning stations hourly and cleaning as necessary.
• Responsible for department purchasing and unit supply processes. Utilizes computer system to independently process purchase orders through appropriate supply system channels to obtain clinical supplies and maintain/monitor supply levels to efficiently conduct business operations. This includes, researching and ordering of non stock equipment and supplies.
• Holds the department purchasing card and will follow terms of appropriate use. Will track purchases, maintain receipts and reconcile monthly activity report in conjunction with manager.
• Assists with appropriate access to and working order of tools needed for the department including, but not limited to, creating MIS work orders, suggesting and organizing inventory, monitoring working order of equipment, initiating facilities and biomed work orders as necessary and collaborating closely with purchasing/accounts payable for stock needs.
• Operates office equipment in a safe manner according to department procedures. Identifies equipment in need of repairs and orders same. Keeps office and personal space clean and orderly.
• Completes initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
2 years of experience in a medical office setting and familiar with medical insurance billing
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Req ID: 241152