Providence Health & Services Mental Health Specialist (on call) Crisis Recovery Center in Anchorage, Alaska
Providence is calling an on call Mental Health Specialist (Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to the Providence Crisis Recovery Center Adolescent Unit in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Provide continuous monitoring and support for patients to successfully manage symptoms related to ongoing psychiatric and physical health conditions. Engage in ongoing observation and assessment of patients' behavior to promote effective stabilization and crisis management. Work collaboratively utilizing the guidance of the RN and Therapist to ensure structure and safety by setting consistent limits and maintaining therapeutic rapport with the patients.
• Co-facilitate group therapy as well as addresses treatment issues in individual therapy. Facilitate psych education groups, leisure and creative activities related to mental health recovery.
• Provide input to treatment team regarding identification of clinical problems for individual patients. Assist in problem solving and management of the milieu. Participate in team approach to patient care. Establishe positive working relationships and role models effective communication skills.
• Answer phones, screens visitors, schedules appointments in collaboration with RN or Therapist.
• Document assessments, interventions, and activities related to patient's plan of care. Participate in continuous quality improvement process when requested.
• Actively solicit patients’ family members and/or specified members of the social support system to become part of the treatment process. Orient patients and their families to unit rules, activities and procedures. Provide patients and parents with information about community and hospital resources. Review with patients and patient's family the plan of care including goals, objectives, and discharge plans.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor’s degree Psychology, Social Work, or related field
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 90 days of hire
Knowledge of mental health issues (both theory and practice), crisis intervention techniques, assessment techniques, and understanding of family systems dynamics.
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Behavioral Health
Req ID: 244762