Providence Health & Services Clinical Research Nurse in Anchorage, Alaska
Providence is calling a Clinical Research Nurse (0.9 FTE, Day) to Research Support Services department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Clinical Research Nurse that will Coordinates care of patients enrolled to oncology clinical trials including patient eligibility, coordination of tests and procedures, and education of patients, families, and medical staff.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Maintain current nursing knowledge related to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation and care of adult oncology patients.
• Analyzes clinical research protocols for appropriateness to open based on oncology patient population and protocol requirements of standard vs. non-standard of care.
• Provides ongoing assessment of oncology patients enrolled to complex cancer treatment clinical trials; coordinates nursing plan of care according to protocol and patient needs.
• Responsible for subject recruitment for studies from many diverse research agencies at levels to meet accrual commitments.
• Maintains confidentiality standards for all potential and enrolled patients; complies with federal HIPPA regulations.
• Coordinates implementation of protocol treatment and follow-up. Coordinates diagnostic, surgical and other procedures, or physical exams specific to study.
• Monitors investigational agents according to protocol guidelines. Anticipates potential unknown or severe toxicities and assesses patients for toxicities and tolerance to treatment.
• Coordinates tumor and other specimen collection and submission specific to study adhering to applicable shipping federal regulations.
• Assures ongoing compliance with all IRB and department policies for regulatory documentation of research processes.
• Provides education and inservice to other medical or nursing staff regarding investigational therapy, potential toxicities, protocol procedures and available resources.
• Acts as liaison between sponsoring organization, investigators, physician, patient, and all personnel involved in implementation of protocol to facilitate access to studies.
• Assures compliance with Medicare research funding rules and regulations by collaborating with pharmaceutical industry staff, private practice and health system bill staff.
• Attend cancer/tumor conferences and provide information pertinent to current clinical trials as they relate to patient cases presented.
• Assures compliance with all system and regulatory Quality Assurance requirements.
• Acts as an additional resource for patients, their families, and other customers requiring assistance accessing information about cancer and / or cancer treatments.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Alaska.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
• 2 years Oncology nursing experience.
• Certification within area of expertise or practice (OCN, CCRP).
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing Informatics
Req ID: 241779